Ocean Plaza’s highest priority is the health, safety and security of our guests & employees. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments:
For your safety, we recommend bringing masks and gloves to use while accessing the elevators and other public areas. For your convenience and continued social distancing practice we have the following online capabilities and payment options.
- Pre-Pay: You can pay in advance online through our payment portal.
- Apple & Google Pay: Apple & Google Pay are now available at check in.
Front Desk Hours may be limited during this time. Currently, our front desk is closed. Check-in will be at Polynesian Oceanfront Hotel.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Ocean Plaza’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Ocean Plaza is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge
Ocean Plaza associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Safety: All employees will wear gloves and a mask when entering guest rooms or high interaction areas
- Ongoing Training: Training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
Ocean Plaza uses EPA approved cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Ocean Plaza uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. We are waiting at least 24 hours after a unit is vacated to clean and reopen the unit for rentals. Housekeeping will provide Door Service for trash / towels and in-room amenities as we are practicing social distancing for the safety of our guests and staff. Please place trash and towels outside your room and call the front desk for pick up.
- Public Spaces: Ocean Plaza has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Resort Amenities: Access to pools may be limited or restricted in accordance with state or local government guidelines.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” Ocean Plaza is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
To help you continue to book with confidence, we’ve instituted a flexible change and cancellation policy for all reservations booked between now and June 1, 2020, traveling through August 15, 2020. You may change your reservation to a future date without incurring a change fee or be refunded your deposit amount, whichever you prefer as long as you call at least 72 hours prior to your arrival.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
We invite you to stay and play, but don’t let your COVID cleanliness habits go away! Together we can make a difference.